In our classes, sometimes we need to use podcast or audio files that individualize the learning. However, the files we browse on the net or got from the book sometimes are not as specific as the one we need. The solution is to make one that suits the need of our lesson.
Well, we can do it by using a freeware called Audacity. It is a free software or open source software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). You can download it for free by clicking the the link below.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AUDACITY
What can the software do? Here are some in the list:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And many other list of features.
I personally really love this software as it helps me a lot. Therefore, I conducted a teachers training program in Lampung, Indonesia, in 2012, to share my experience. The session focused on the benefits of using podcast followed by step-by-step guide on how to use it. It was a fun session since I was with teachers who were very inquisitive.
Followings are the slides I used…
TRAINING PART ONE
TRAINING PART TWO
Feel free to download the software and slides. feel free to email me at email@example.com should you want to invite me to collaborate.
Anda harus log masuk untuk menerbitkan komentar.